Search This Blog

03 August 2006

News from the Net

I was going to find out how to fix scratched CDs, but instead found out that they were Slashdotted

Apple MacBook hackable in under a minute

I find it interesting that Forbes left Oregon (aka 'Silicon Forest') out of the Best Paying High-Tech Jobs research, considering I made more money at my last couple jobs than any of the ones they reference.

Here's a toy for people like Morax, Eye-based videogame control.  Personally, I'd like to see the technology integrated into remote videocamera control (ie: record whatever I happen to be looking at).

Rambus busted for monopolizing computer memory technology markets

Wow. This is interesting. The other night, Dino and I were watching the Colbert Report, and he said that he made a change to Wikipedia while we were watching. I went there, but could not find his change, and in fact saw that the entire site was blocked from anonymous editing.  Now, I have an account, but was only looking for his changes, so I dropped it at that. Apparently, the Wikipedia administrators were watching the show, and banned Stephen Colbert from the site.

Looks like the new game Spore may come to Consoles as well as PCs

You thought games like Police 911 and Dance Dance Revolution were a good workout? How about a full-body version of DDR?

Judges made Reporters behave like Drug Dealers



Silver
Stephen Colbert is just showing that you can't trust anything you read on Wiki...
I use it frequently, and then go verify the information from more trusted sources, but then again I don't trust any one site. it's the internet, come on people... wise up...


Posted by Silver on Wed Aug 02 23:10:00 PDT 2006
Malachi
I have to say though, it is the best for Publicly Accepted information.  If people dispute things, they mark it as in dispute.  There is also the discussion tab for people to discuss specific facts that are listed. They also do a fairly good job of saying if the page is biased.

I mean, come on. What source of facts can you completely trust? We've been shown that we can't trust researchers results.  We can't trust our government's "facts".  Even Encyclopædia Britannica has the flaw of being HQ in Chicago ;)

Posted by Malachi on Wed Aug 02 23:19:00 PDT 2006
Sylkwyrm
All Hail the Glorious Wikipedia! Where Mal and I found out that the Tomato is fruit and a vegitable. Eat that!

Posted by Sylkwyrm on Thu Aug 03 09:52:00 PDT 2006
Sarah
Ooooh, excited about the Full body version of DDR!

Posted by Sarah on Fri Aug 04 05:00:00 PDT 2006
Malachi
I almost thought you said Full Body Massage DDR

mmmmmm


Posted by Malachi on Fri Aug 04 05:07:00 PDT 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment