Search This Blog

10 July 2006

News from the Net

So some of you may think that everyone is overreacting to all the data breaches and stolen identities... There aren't that many, right?  Would you like to see a chronology of them since Feb 2005? Here's a little tidbit: TOTAL number of records containing sensitive personal information involved in security breaches -- 88,931,692

What's this? Aether might be real after all?

Mram appears to be faster than flash

I'm not sure how I feel about OpenDNS auto-fixing my misspelled URLs. How do they know that I don't really want to go to whitehouse.net in order to read: We Chinese super hacker!!!!! Hahahahahah!!!!! USA suck!!!! Hahahahahahah!!!! USA pilots gay!!!!! Hahahahahah!!!! We kill all USA!!!! Hahahahah!! You president dope. Hahahahah!!! We Chinese, we play joke, we put pee pee in your Coke. Hahahahah!! We hate you!!!! Hahahahahahahahahah!!!! You dumb. I mean, maybe someone saw that, said it was funny, and I went to look and OpenDNS said "You misspelled that".

Van Gogh's paintings apparently are painted according to natural phenomena

Woot! A judge ruled that ripping out the naughty bits of movies is a copyright violation. Now, you are probably wondering why I said woot about anything to do with copyright violations? Because I want to see the naughty bits, of course.

UNESCOs' Indian Ocean Tsuanami Warning System is up and running

A big woot for Ricoh, who have developed a component capable of writing both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray, as well as normal CDs and DVDs



WILL POWER!
I'd like to cast Aether Lance at a cost of 500 mana at the white house.  You know, since it's real now and all.

Posted by WILL POWER! on Mon Jul 10 03:40:00 PDT 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment