Search This Blog

22 March 2007

News from the Net

Politics on YouTube.

ISPs don't want you to know if you are worthy of their services.

The 1998 p0rn law, "Child Online Protection Act" has been struck down by a federal judge saying that it would be better for parents to deal with their own kids rather than infringe on 1st Amendment rights.

RIAA seems to be loosing supporters.

Scientists now think reproduction is not a necessary step in evolution.

The EU considers becoming a less desirable place to work.

Oooh. A polymorphic computer.

Forget doing your homework at night -- your internet access will get cut off to keep your from looking at p0rn.

You know, a year ago I told Ryzom that Above.net was where the lag was coming from. No one believed me. It appears that Above.net (and others) has been screwing up peoples traffic on purpose for over a year.

You thought NASA was falling behind the times? What do you think will happen now that they are shutting down their think tank?

2 comments:

  1. I know its terrible, but I agree with the judge who thinks parents ought to deal with the kids. Kids need to be more protected by their parents. I'm shocked by how many parents have no clue about what happens in their children's lives. Parents and their relationships with their children are really priceless. Of course there is no way for parents to know everything about what happens with their children, but it seems like there are so many that just don't try. The parents that make the effort are heroes in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the parents should be dealing with it not the courts -- not sure if I agree that the kids need to be more protected. I think children who are overly sheltered are the ones that have it worse as adults. Oh no! Don't let that 13 year old see a picture of breasts! It will hurt their little minds! Bullshit. Oh no! They can't hear me say that word, cuz they never hear that kind of language at school! Whatever...

    ReplyDelete