Search This Blog

19 February 2007

Food Recalls


I don't know about you, but I am personally getting sick and tired of food recalls. These companies need to be held responsible in such a way that they quit poisoning the population.

It was bad enough that chicken, peanut butter, and pasta (what, you didn't know about that one?) were recalled in less than 1 week -- or the 31 recalls on food last year (just talking about USDA recalls, the FDA lists more)...

But what set me off was that this morning they mentioned on the news that they were now recalling baby food. And to top it off, while writing this, they announced a barbeque sauce recall... Did I mention that both of these were also the same week as the chicken, peanut butter and pasta?

If you want to peruse, here is the USDA list and FDA list...

What will it take to get these companies to be more responsible BEFORE shipping products?

4 comments:

  1. How the heck do you contaminate BBQ sauce? I mean, if they advertise “finger licking good” does this mean they have to do that with every bottle? :-S

    ReplyDelete
  2. From KPTV:
    Hot wing sauce, manufactured by Vita Specialty Foods Inc., has been recalled because it contains undeclared milk proteins.

    People who are allergic to milk could have serious or life-threatening reactions if they consume the wing sauce. No reports of injury or adverse reactions have been reported.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole problem with the BBQ sauce came about with the testers NOT using their fingers to make sure that it was good. Whoops! Seriously though, it is rather upsetting. I'm glad I haven't bought any of THOSE items lately. Scary about the baby food. I've heard really bad crap about the quality of what goes into baby food and I've definately decided to make my own when Reg and I have a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh! Am I about to be an uncle? :)

    ReplyDelete