Search This Blog

19 November 2004

Cascadia National Party: Policy and News

Looking over their platform, there were two things that bothered me:
1) Any recipient of monetary welfare and unemployment must give back their time to the community or state. Umm, I thought the Unemployment CAME from me putting money into it?
2) Federal Assembly It seems that the problem we have in the US is that we are a Republic not a Democracy, it seems that their platform would continue that tradition?

However, among many many other good things, I saw these and had to smile:
1) Teacher pay scales comparable to other professionals with similar education and responsibilities. If it weren't for Teachers getting paid 1/2 what I am used to, I would actually PREFER to be a teacher.
2) On the Cascadian National system, there should be one lane designated with no speed limit. The remaining lanes would be subjected to speed limits set by the states. OH! I am SOooooo there!
3) The CNP firmly supports the separation of church and state. No official oath shall be taken with the mention of "God". However, the person in question taking the oath can request their book of faith or symbol of faith to take the oath. The CNP also respects the freedom of worship for all. I think even my dad could agree with that.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete