Search This Blog

09 May 2007

Construction to our property without us being notified?

So my neighbor and I noticed that our sidewalks were marked. Ok. I leave to pick up Dino and by the time I get back there are more markings. Interesting... Wait a second, there is a locate mark on my property and on my neighbors, pointing towards each other (encompassing both properties).... Hmmm.. My driveway in front of my garage and the ground in front of my side yard are marked too... What the hell?

So, going to searchandstatus.com I find this....



WTF? Was no one going to notify me that they were going to be digging up my property? So when the guy behind us offered us money to let him install it and we told him no - I guess that means he gets to do it anyways without compensation?

3 comments:

  1. Doing some research, Gary Dimeo is the person who is working on that large property behind our house, as I suspected.

    I tried emailing Judy at the email address provided, but that isn't valid.

    I tried contacting Gary, but his phone number and address are the Aloha Auto Body shop, so they are already closed.

    I tried calling Bonesco (via Alt. Phone since the Contact Phone is actually a fax number) and left a message since I got no answer there.

    They are supposed to start digging at 11:15 am. Damn, that shit is whack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talked with our neighbor. They had agreed to have it go through their property... but the guy was supposed to work out a good time with them to have it done and didn't notify them either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, well, the neighbor called him and he isn't starting work today after all... he is going to meet with him today to figure out a good time.

    Also, Scott at Bones Co. called me today and we talked. He was very nice and helpful. He said that if anything happens to the fence, they will replace it. He doesn't think they are replacing the two cherry trees they are pulling out in front. He is hoping not to disrupt any of the lines (including verizon). Also said to call me if I have any further questions or concerns and that he'd talk to me before they started; and that they shouldn't be keeping us from our driveway.

    ReplyDelete