Search This Blog

03 June 2009

Emotiv SDK including an SDK headset is now available!

I ordered mine... you ordering yours?


Dear Malachi,

We are very pleased to announce that the Emotiv SDK including an SDK headset is now available for immediate license. This product ships worldwide.

The Emotiv SDK- Standard Edition includes an SDK Headset and our proprietary software toolkit that exposes our APIs and detection libraries. This is now available to independent developers and researchers for only $500. To license the SDK, please visit http://www.emotiv.com/corporate/1_0/1_6.htm

Enterprise, Enterprise Plus and Research Plus Editions of the SDK are also available for license. More details on the Emotiv Developer Program can be found at http://emotiv.com/corporate/1_0/1_3.htm.

_______________________________________________________________________

You can choose an SDK License that best suits your development needs:

If you are an independent developer or commercial enterprise:

Introductory (SDKLite) - An introduction to the Emotiv SDK and APIs. For application developers who want to get started immediately. This introductory package includes a hardware emulator in place of the SDK neuroheadset.

Standard - Single license - For indepedent developers who are creating free and commercial applications for the Emotiv EPOC that will be distributed exclusively through our Emortal online application store.

Enterprise - Up to 5 licensed users - For companies that are creating proprietary applications using the Emotiv EPOC.

If you are a researcher or educational institute:



Emotiv is committed to supporting the research community in developing more detections/applications that further improve the capability of Brain Computer Interface (BCI). We have created a program that takes into account the needs of educational institutions, research organizations as well as individual researchers that want to contribute their knowledge to further the field of BCI.



Research Standard - Single license - For individual researchers and research groups that are developing free and/or commercial applications for the Emotiv EPOC that will be available exclusively through our Emortal online application store.



Research Plus - Up to 5 licensed users - For research institutes that are developing new applications/detections utilizing raw EEG data from the Emotiv EPOC.


_______________________________________________________________________



Please let us know via return email to apps@emotiv.com if you wish to license the Enterprise, Enterprise Plus or Research Plus versions of the Emotiv SDK.

We look forward to collaborating and partnering with you to further the field of Brain Computer Interface technology.

Best regards,
Emotiv Team
Emotiv Systems Inc.


________________________________


LEGAL NOTICE
This message (including all attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. Any confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you by mistake. If you have received it in error, please let us know by reply email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.

This email is also subject to copyright. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Emails may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. We give no warranties in relation to these matters. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email purportedly sent by us, please contact us immediately.

6 comments:

  1. I may have spoken too soon. Upon completing the purchase, it tried to take me to a page on Amazon's S3 to download the SDK but it was broken. I contacted Emotiv and they reversed the charge and told me to try again. I tried many more times, but every time PayPal said they failed to authorize the card. I spent 1/2 hour on hold to talk with them so that they could tell me the bank is denying the card and to call them. I called (and waited on hold) at the bank to find someone who told me that the first purchase went through which is why they are not allowing it. In order to put it through, PayPal had to call them. I called PayPal back (and waited on hold another 1/2 hour) to be told (by the rep and their manager) that I had to wait 7 days for the charge to be reversed and I couldn't get it done sooner and they couldn't call the bank. Of course, it is obvious that they charged my account and have not actually sent the reversal yet -- probably so that they could recoup some interest for a week. Anyways, so now I am waiting for the ability to use my credit card again so that I can try to make the order again.... but....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I went ahead and transferred funds to my checking so that I could make the purchase. Downloading the SDK -- an .exe unfortunately so I now need to deal with a Windows box...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, did you get your sdk headset ? if so what do you think about the whole package ? havent seen reviews so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did order it. I am still waiting for it. There is a 10-week delay for shipping. I assume that is because they are not yet being mass produced.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a Ph.D. student interested in this type of technology... I am eager to hear your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear that. Be sure that I will be posting feedback once I get a chance to try it out. I already have a potential project to try to develop with it (though I may wait until development is no longer required to be in C on Windows)

    ReplyDelete