Search This Blog

12 October 2004

Job Ending

Well, my job at Sharp Labs ends this Friday.

It is kinda disappointing that they are not keeping me around. Realistically, they did keep me 3 times longer than they said they would... and all but 2 of the contractors are getting laid off... but, it would have been nice, you know?

So, what am I going to do now? I don't know. I am looking at a few different avenues to get a new job... but, if I could choose somewhere, I would be doing Java work for Sun Microsystems' Hillboro facility. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get ahold of the HR department there. I submitted myself online, emailed them, talking to many people who work there (and they talked to their managers), talked to the corporate operator, talked to the local office, had multiple recruiters try to get me in, and even had Sharps' HR department try to get me in. Wierd thing is, no one has any clue how to contact a hiring manager. The HR department has no public phone number and evidentally no one working for them knows how to reach them internally. Very odd. Guess I can just keep trying.

I have also noticed that almost all of the Java jobs ask for Struts experience. Not only do I not know of 1 contractor who has ever used Struts, Jive software told me not to bother, and of all the recruiters I have talked to, they only know 1 person total who has ever used Struts. Maybe I should just install it at home and use it myself so I can get the jobs, since obviously they are not finding any candidates that are qualified.

But, I don't know what I am going to do yet. Will let you know as soon as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment