Search This Blog

02 September 2009

UPS: Ubiquitous Packaging Slayer

I have talked to all of my friends about these issues in the past, but I figure it is time to blog about it.  I mean, this has happened for *every single package* I have received from UPS for the last... what? 6 years?  Not, in most cases (and sometimes very surprisingly) the contents themselves survive the decimation of their containers...  Even the case of wine survived the fist-sized hole in the side of the box.  Sometimes, as with Autumn's shop, they refuse to ever deliver to the door and I always have to drive to BFE to pick up my package.

This time, I had ordered a box of Caffeinated Root Beer.  Take a look at the pics and tell me if you'd like to try drinking it.



1 comment:

  1. This is how I often get mail order items ... and yes UPS ... Usually trashed in some form or other. I think they hire a bunch of gorillas, probably the ones from those old luggage commercials, you know the "Samsonite gorilla" that beats up luggage. They probably get those out of retirement pretty cheap and they only have quarter strength so your packages really only get kind of mushed. Very cool of thinkgeek to ship out a replacement, most companies make you take it up with the head gorilla of UPS and after several days fighting over a broken fiber port on a Cisco switch, I finally gave up on shipping big brown.

    ReplyDelete