Search This Blog

13 December 2004

gamejackal.com

Interesting product....

We have quite a few games that advertise that they can be LAN-played. Unfortunately, many seem to think that a husband-and-wife should buy two copies of their $50 game to use this advertised feature. Personally, I think that is detestable marketing.

As such, I decided to try out the Game Jackal. While the multiplayer server was not able to use the Jackal, the multiplayer client was. As such, a single legal copy of the LAN-based game allowed me and my wife to play it against each other.... without making a backup copy of the disk, or cracking the software... very nice. two thumbs up.

Too bad I still have to insert the CD for the server side, but oh well... not like I wasn't doing that for single player anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment