Then I found this link:
The easiest way to enable webgl/ work aound In Ubuntu is as follows
1) If not already placed there by you: Place the chrome/chromium starter in the (upper) starter panel.
( Drag it there from the applications > internet dropdown menu, or
- from the dropdown menu rightclick "add starter to panel¨ or exact english wording may very- i am using the dutch version)
2) right click it > properties > commandline
3) Copy '--ignore-gpu-blacklist' (without the quotation marks)
4) Paste/insert it in the commandline just before the '%U'
6) start Chrome/Chromium bij clicking the starter Icon
That worked for me - so if you are having issues, give it a shot.