Search This Blog

11 February 2006

Shady

I know it is going to make Dino really sad to read this -- but I am posting it so that she doesn't have to keep re-explaining it to everyone.

We took Shady to the vet today.  He thinks she has a cancerous tumour.  He said that she could go any day now and that he recommended euthanasia.  As he said he doesn't think she is  in pain, we are not going that route.

He gave us some steroids to try to help her quality of living, and we are going to try to keep her inside some so we can make sure she is eating. Please do not keep emailing or calling Dino asking her what happened.



Silver
I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope she goes peacefully. My thoughts are with you guys.

Posted by Silver on Sat Feb 11 08:34:00 PST 2006
Malachi
Thanks Brett. We are going to do what we can to make her comfortable and feel loved. The doctor also said that he thought she was anemic and hypothermic (she was 3 degrees too cold), so we are going to try to keep her in for awhile and carefully monitor food intake and stuff -- we bought her some food that we know Punky doesn't like so we can make sure if she is eating.

I don't think Lori reads my blog. Maybe you can make sure to let her know what is going on?

Thanks.

Posted by Malachi on Sat Feb 11 09:38:00 PST 2006
Kittybat
ohh-- !

give her snuggles for me :-(

(both Shady and Dino)

Posted by Kittybat on Sat Feb 11 18:41:00 PST 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment