Search This Blog

25 February 2006

Net News

Looks like the Total Information Awareness office is still running. You might remember them from such places as my t-shirt.

Did the Chinese proove that mammals lived in water existed 100 million years earlier than previously thought?

WOW! There is going to be a Dark Crystal Sequel!!!!

Want a free 99cent Snacker from KFC? Then Record but don't skip that commercial

Looks like Google is going to put up all the National Archive videos online for free.

This is interesting... an enzyme-computer for inside the human body.

Political: BlackBox voting has finally won the legal suit to get the audit records of the 2004 Florida election votes... Surprise surprise there were anomolies... things like votes being cast 2 weeks early, machines shut down 128 times during the election, people opening the machine, etc...

Ok, let me just copy one quote here and see if it makes you cock your head to the side like it did me...: "And now researchers from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have improved on the original design and built a non-running quantum computer that really works"

Google has released an AJAX WebPublishing app.



WILL POWER!
OK, first of all, I've been lost for 4 days without Net News.
So, the black box thing...that wouldn't suggest CHEATING, would it?
I read the quantum computer thing more than once and still don't get it.
Watching a commercial in slow motion is not worth a 99 cent sammich, especially since KFC is major fucking suxor.

Lastly, and most importantly, I am eagerly awaiting the return of Fizzgig.

Posted by WILL POWER! on Sat Feb 25 02:59:00 PST 2006
Malachi
I apologize for being off my game recently -- working on that ever illustrious "getting a new job" aspect.... It's nice to know the my Net News has avid readers...

Regarding the quantum computer... I started reading this PDF to try to understand the Zeno effect they mentioned, but I think I am going to have to reread it a few times to get it. Overall, I think anytime someone says there is a paradox - what they are really saying is that their model is broken ;)

Posted by Malachi on Sat Feb 25 03:10:00 PST 2006
Sylkwyrm
It the quantum computer thing like when my vibrator is broken, but I use it anyways, so it still technically works?

Posted by Sylkwyrm on Sat Feb 25 03:13:00 PST 2006
Malachi
Only if it gets you off ;)

Posted by Malachi on Sat Feb 25 16:23:00 PST 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment