Search This Blog

19 December 2006

Google Map update

GoogleMap has finally added multiple destinations to its service.  Why would this be important? Well, one obvious example is if you need to compute mileage for business reimbursement... Or, as is probably more likely with most of you, when the default map does not give the directions you want and you are trying to explain it to someone.

Let's look at an example... This map shows the default path GoogleMap suggests for me to go to the County Recorder's office.... But, what if I didn't want to take one of those roads? Well, in this map, I simply specified 2 intersections I wanted to go through.


Looks like it is finally time for me to update my TripPlanner software to use GoogleMaps...


Sylkwyrm
Well since mapquest removed that functionality it is good to see google adding it

Posted by Sylkwyrm on Mon Dec 18 22:58:00 PST 2006
Malachi
Well, actually, still can't do the TripPlanner functionality... it did the shortest route (ie: solved the travelling salesman problem)... I'm sure if Google saw this post, they could add that functionality in a few hours... otherwise, it is up to me to do it. Maybe I should just suggest it to them.

Posted by Malachi on Mon Dec 18 23:03:00 PST 2006
Malachi
Ok, I suggested it to them



Posted by Malachi on Mon Dec 18 23:10:00 PST 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment