Search This Blog

28 December 2006

Avascular Necrosis

WTF?

So, the doctor from my appointment yesterday just called. He said the radiologists was looking at my x-rays and noticed what looked like Avascular Necrosis in both hips... specifically, he said lack of blood supply to the femur which could lead to hip fracture. He said I need to see an Orthopedic Surgeon soon... not necessarily in the next week or two, but definitely not 6 months down the road.

I tried to find some info on it, and I found this and this.

3 comments:

  1. We are so putting "...and thats it!" on the end of your medical history next time we were at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'd be careful about saying that.... they could decide on a very permanent solution to accomplish that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that you'll have to have surgery. My best wishes go out to you. I hope that everything goes well with the surgery and that you have a speedy recovery. I know that I'm a long ways a way, but if there is anything I can do to help please let me know. Lots of hugs ~Laura

    ReplyDelete